Ahinsa is making vegan, barefoot and ethical handmade shoes in Czech Republic.
Their are certified as Fur Free Retailer. They use some sustainable materials like recycled tire for soles or recycled jean fabric for upper. Also, 20,-CZK from each pair of shoes sold is donated to Nadace Partnerství for planting and protecting trees.
Barefoot shoes are trendy. The shoes are designed to reduce the amount they limit the natural function of the foot, allowing you to walk as if you were barefoot. Features:
- enough space for the toes (wide front of the shoe) – your toes are able to sufficiently grip and rebound, the foot arch is naturally stimulated
- zero heel – the feet (and whole body) are in a natural and balanced position, the joints are centered (optimally loaded)
- thin and flexible sole – the feet can “read the terrain”, the brain is receiving essential information necessary to maintain balance, the feet can adequately respond to changes in terrain, the rebound allows for optimal power transfer on the floor
- minimal shoe weight – less weight on your feet for a more natural gait, feels like walking barefoot
- shoes do not deform the feet and can reduce injuries – encourages natural foot movement, increases strength in the muscles, tendons, and ligaments of the foot and lower leg that can help reduce the chance of injuries
In their website you can see step by step the complex production process of this shoes. Since they are handmade they are a bit overprice if you compare with other brands that I have been talking but you have to pay for ethical handmade work.
These ballerinas with Swarovski cystals are a new model. They are pretty cool, don’t you think so?
If you like beautiful things, you like sharing 😀